Sunday, August 14, 2011

We're Going on a Trip!

Day Thirteen:  Somewhere You'd Like to Move or Visit:


There really is nowhere that I want to move, I'm quite comfortable where I am.  In a couple of years, we plan on selling this home and moving into a bigger one, but plan on staying in this area.  I'm a New England girl, and have a hard time picturing living anywhere besides Massachusetts.  It's what I know, and I feel settled and content.  When Brian and I first were married and he was getting out of the Navy, we lived in New Hampshire.  We were both pretty certain that we had no interest in staying where we were, and decided to settle in either Pennsylvania or Massachusetts.  Massachusetts won, because I had a job I could come back to, plus it was relatively easy to find an apartment.  And with a little research, we soon found that job opportunities for Brian were more plentiful in MA than in PA.  So it was an easy decision.  Not that I wouldn't have been happy in Pennsylvania, I think it's a beautiful state with a rich history.

Now, the list of places I'd like to visit.....that's another story!  I enjoy traveling, and pretty much will take any opportunities given to me to travel.  And I'm lucky to be married to a man that likes traveling as well.  However, he has no interest in traveling outside of the United States, and I have quite a few places on my list that I want to see in other parts of the globe.  Perhaps when the kiddos are grown.

United States
San Diego:  I've been intrigued since my parents went on a trip there ten years ago.
Seattle:  I don't know why.  It just sounds beautiful.
Alaska:  We plan on taking an Alaskan cruise someday.  I've heard nothing but good things!
Outer Banks, North Carolina:  I've been once and it was one of the nicest vacations ever.  So nice, we're going back next year.
Wisconsin and Minnesota:  Wisconsin surprised me last year....I would really like to go back.  And a blog that I read, called The Yarnista, makes Minnesota sound serene and beautiful.
Chicago:  I'd love to explore this city.
And naturally:  Hawaii.

Outside of the United States
Southern coast of Spain:  I've been to northern Spain, but have never seen the beauty of the southern coast.  Oh, and Barcelona.  I'd love to go there too.
Ireland
Greece.
Argentina
I'd like to explore more of Canada.  So far I've seen Prince Edward Island and Saint John, New Brunswick.  I'd also like to see Vancouver, Toronto, and Halifax.
And finally, I want to see Italy.  All of it.  This is the one trip that I will not allow Hubby to say "no" to forever!

There you have it.  The list I'm sure is longer than I've written, and over time I'm sure there will be more.

2 comments:

asplashofsunshine said...

OMG, Southern Spain is fantastic!

Gotta come to Northern California. It's a different beast than SoCal. San Francisco, Napa, Hwy 1 coastal highway, Santa Cruz... you can avoid Sacramento, but NorCal is so different and gorgeous. The agriculture, views, cliffs, ocean, vineyards... well you get the idea.

Unknown said...

We went on an Alaskan cruise for our honeymoon and LOVED it! The only thing I wish we did was go on a train/cruise trip-that way you can see more of Alaska. It was so beautiful and I want to go back again someday with the boys.