Friday, August 12, 2011

Shufflin' Around

Day  Eleven of Blog Challenge:   Put your iPod on "Shuffle" and write down the first ten songs that play.

I sat in my car this morning, pen in hand and notebook poised.  I'm sure that people were looking at me funny, but hey, they usually do.  :)  Here is my list:


1.  "Sleep to Dream" by Fiona Apple.  I was mildly obsessed with Fiona Apple my junior year of college.  There's something haunting about her melodies and piano-playing.

2.  "Under Pressure" by Queen and David Bowie.  I love, love, LOVE Queen!

3.  "Honky Tonk Woman" covered by Billy Joel, live.  Brian and I are huugggeee Billy Joel fans.  I've had the pleasure of seeing Billy Joel in concert once and it was one of the best shows I have ever been to.

4.  "Perfect" by Alanis Morrissette.  To me, her best album will always be "Jagged Little Pill."  There was a lot of anger there, and it suited my mood at the time that it came out.

5.  "When Will I Be Loved?" from the 8 Seconds Soundtrack.  Remember that movie?  It starred Luke Perry as a bull rider.  It's one of Hubby's favorite movies, so I am sure that if this song is on my iPod, it's his influence.

6.  "Lady Picture Show" by Stone Temple Pilots.  Another 90's influence.

7.  "Lord of the Thighs" by Aerosmith.  I am a pretty big Aerosmith fan.  Though I MUCH prefer their older stuff from the seventies and a little eighties then the stuff they're cranking out now. 

8.  "Seven Nation Army" by the White Stripes.  This is just another example of how behind the times that I am, everyone around me discovered the gem that is the White Stripes a while ago.  I am a recent convert.  Heck, my Mom had the White Stripes playing on HER iPod years ago!  (that's not an old comment.  Mom has always had more modern taste in music than me.)

9.  "Next Time" by Barenaked Ladies.  Ahhh, BNL.  Brian and I fell in love listening to BNL.  It's just not the same without Steven Page, though.  I wish that someday he and the rest of the band could work out their issues, but it probably never will happen.  More current BNL music?  The remaining four BNL members did the theme song for that TV show that I've been enjoying lately, "The Big Bang Theory."

10.  "Something There" from the Beauty and the Beast soundtrack.  One of my favorite Disney movies, and Will enjoys listening to it in the car, too.

There you have it.  Pretty eclectic taste, no?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

LOVE BNL!! Have you listened to their kids album, "Snacktime"? I love it more than the kids do!! And I agree, they're just not the same. :-(