It's time for the annual sum-up-the-year post. Here we go!
2015: A Year in Review
Let's see......I lost weight. And put it on again by stress-eating. The first part is something I'd never done before and the second is something I've done more than once. I also got hearing aids last January. It's been an adjustment but overall I couldn't be happier.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not this year.
5. What countries/places did you visit?
Our family vacation was in New Hampshire this year, we needed a bit of a low-key vacation after Disney last year. We haven't decided on vacation in 2016 yet, we'll work on that right after the holidays are over.
6. What would you like to have in 2016 that you lacked in 2015?
My older son was diagnosed with Anxiety Disorder this year. It was a long time coming and we're starting to understand better why he does the things that he does and how we can help. We definitely need more, though, and are going to work harder on getting it in 2016.
7. What dates from 2015 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Nothing super-noteworthy happened, not that I remembered the date for, anyway.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Let's see.....I finished my Christmas knitting early! That doesn't sound like much but trust me, it is.
9. What was your biggest failure?
No BIG failures, but certainly little ones. That's ok, Failure is part of the process. It's inevitable.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? It hasn't been too bad a year for that. I did get the flu in February and miss a week of work, that was miserable. Other than that....anything going on has been dealt with. I can hear properly and I'm at my lowest risk for more kidney stones. Can't ask for much more than that, I'm thankful that it's been a quiet year.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Honestly, I have no idea.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Anyone who does good deeds for their fellow humans. Those are the people that news stories should be written about.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?Terrorists. Donald Trump. And people that text while driving.
14. Where did most of your money go?
I had no idea hearing aids were so damned expensive.
15. What did you really get excited about?
a) happier or sadder? Definitely happier. The holidays were really tough last year. Sometimes things were stressful/overwhelming this year, but overall it's been a much better year.
b) thinner or fatter? about the same. I want my 40th birthday gift to myself to be better health. And that will start right after the holidays.
c) richer or poorer? Both, rich in some ways and poor in others. It all offsets in the end.
17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Is there such a thing as too much knitting time?? :)
18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about things that one cannot control. Getting frustrated when trying to view the future in a crystal ball, only to find out that I don't HAVE a crystal ball.
19. How did you spend Christmas?
20. Did you fall in love in 2015?
No. But I continued to love.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
22. What was the best book you read?
According to my Goodreads account, I read 43 books. Many of them are worth mentioning and I will do so in a separate post. But of all of them.....my favorite would be "As You Wish: Inconceivable Tales from the Making of the Princess Bride" by Cary Elwes. It's one of my favorite movies and it was just amazing reading about the making of it from Westley.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
That pop is good for exercise but swing or George Gershwin is good for cooking. And I think I've always known this but know so even more now: Christmas music is fun at first but then gets really, really old. OH! And I am still so surprised to discover that Garth Brooks tickets were attainable!
24. What was your favorite film of this year?
25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
That's a tough call. Better drivers around me? Maybe.
27. What kept you sane?
Brian. Making time for myself. My kids.
28. Who did you miss?
My far away friends and family.
29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2015:
"An empty cup can't fill other cups." If you're not taking care of yourself, you have nothing to offer others.
30. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.