Saturday, August 6, 2011

Comfort Food

Day Five of Blog Challenge:  What are your favorite comfort foods, and why?

Ice Cream:  to me this is the ultimate treat.  Sugary, creamy, cold and sweet, it puts a smile on my face instantly.  I used to eat it every night, but curbed that a while ago in order to lose weight.  Now it's only a weekend treat, but when stressed it's the thing that I crave most.  Coffee is my favorite, but I love cookies n cream, chocolate, black raspberry, well, just about anything except Mint.  And I was sooooo sad when Hood stopped making "Heavenly Hash" ice cream:  chocolate, marshmallow, chips and nuts. 

Roast Beef:  the smell of a roast in the oven instantly brings me back to childhood Christmases, where my grandfather would carve the beef in front of everyone.  He had such showmanship!  And it was always perfect, melt-in-your-mouth with just a little pink.  If I could eat that again with my mom's mashed potatoes, I would be the happiest girl alive. 

Kraft Macaroni and Cheese:  'nuff said.  I expect that this will show up on lots of people's lists!!

A stack of banana pancakes:  toasted pecans and whipped cream optional. 

No comments: