Monday, August 29, 2011

I'm Missing....

Day 28:  Something that you miss.


Sometimes I miss being responsible just for me and Hubby.  Don't misunderstand, I am thrilled to be a parent and I love my two kids to bits.  These little pangs usually come after an evening of arguing about bedtimes and sending someone back to bed four or five times.  Or running late because someone else has in few words announced that he just WILL NOT sit in the highchair today and would rather take his breakfast from the dog's dish.  I know that our first few years of marriage weren't 100% carefree and full of nothing but fun and the pursuit of happiness, my rose-colored glasses aren't that strong a prescription.  But, just having myself to get ready in the morning, not racing out of work for the 5:30pm pickup, and being able to watch what I want WHEN I want on the TV.....yeah, I miss that.

But although I miss that, being able to do all of that again is certainly not worth the trade of the hugs and kisses, the I-Love-Yous,  the jokes about tornados, the Phineas and Ferb references, the excited cries of "Mommy!  Mommy!" when I come home.  Those are worth their weight in gold.

1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

i definitely can relate to this post. wouldn't trade it, but man, there are days i miss little responsibility.