I haven't posted much recently but I always enjoy doing this one.
2016: A Year in Review
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
4. Did anyone close to you die? Not this year.
5. What countries/places did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2017 that you lacked in 2016?
Patience. I think that I wish for that every year.
7. What dates from 2016 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
November 8th. Whether you voted Trump, Clinton, third party or not at all, I doubt you'll ever forget this year's election.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I don't really know.
9. What was your biggest failure?
No BIG failures, but certainly little ones. That's ok, Failure is part of the process. It's inevitable.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Another year, another kidney stone. Hopefully I've put all of that behind me!
11. What was the best thing you bought?
A new refrigerator. It was a proactive thing too, to replace it before it went.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Anyone who does good deeds for their fellow humans. Those are the people that news stories should be written about.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you really get excited about?
a) happier or sadder? Probably the same.
b) thinner or fatter? Right about the same. I'm excellent at weight maintenance. I need to be more excellent at losing it.
c) richer or poorer? Both, rich in some ways and poor in others. It all offsets in the end.
17. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Not tried to be everything to everyone, and taken care of myself more often. I'm getting better at it, but still have a ways to go.
18. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Worrying about things that one cannot control. Getting frustrated when trying to view the future in a crystal ball, only to find out that I don't HAVE a crystal ball.
19. How did you spend Christmas?
20. Did you fall in love in 2016?
No. But I continued to love.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
22. What was the best book you read?
I read 44 books, but I wouldn't call any one of them "the best." Perhaps I'll get wowed by a book in 2017
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Brian and I went to see Garth Brooks in February. It was easily the best concert that I've ever been to. I now count myself as a Garth Brooks fan.
24. What was your favorite film of this year?
25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
My year would've been much more satisfying had the mice of the neighborhood not blown up my central air conditioning.
27. What kept you sane?
Brian, always. He talks me down when I want to head out swingin.' Harry Potter books and movies also help, a lot. And the knitting.
28. Who did you miss?
My far away friends and family.
29. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2016:
"Surround yourself with people that love you for you, and make you feel good about yourself."
30. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"The best of us can find happiness, in misery." Fall Out Boy, "I Don't Care."