Sunday, August 28, 2011

Oh, Mornings....

Day 27:  A problem you have, or have had in the past.

My problem is in my past, present and future.  I am not a morning person.  I am a night owl, and quite frequently the last one to bed by a long shot.  Even though I'm tired at night, I get sucked into a movie or whatever I am knitting, or the worst one:  Facebook.  And then when the morning comes, I'm slower than a three-toed sloth.  (Which I've never seen but I hear is very slow.) 

I'm also ill-prepared most mornings.  Despite my desire to do so, preparation the night before is not achieved.  Clothes are rarely laid out the night before and if they are, it usually starts an argument of "I don't wanna wear that shirt!"   Bags packed by the door lack diapers for the daycare or I've forgotten a towel for "Sprinkler Day" at the preschool.  And my own bag?  Forget it.  There's a reason why Hubby brings me coffee while I'm getting out of the shower:  it's an act of love but also one of necessity.  I can't get out of my own way!

It is something I am always trying to work on, though.  And I hope that SOMEDAY I'll get my act together.  It's not a truly hopeless case.  Though history is certainly showing that from HS to today, mornings are certainly not my friend. 

No comments: