Thursday, August 18, 2011

Highs and Lows

Day Seventeen:  What are your highs and lows of the past year?


"I cannot change the waves, but I can learn to surf."  -Author Unknown.

Highs and lows.....I ride 'em like everyone else, but I try to forget the lows.  Or at least, keep my blog about the highs.  But for the sake of following the challenge, I'll share some.

Lows:  Just the general stress level around some of the time.  Having my patience tested every single day, in all aspects of my life.  With the boys and trying to see things as "just a phase" and trying not to get angry about "typical" behaviors.  But as far as patience goes, waiting on my new job.  That has not been easy.  But I am strong, and I just keep plugging along.

Highs:  Watching my boys grow and marveling at the skills that they are learning to possess.  Sean learning to talk, and the boys playing together.  (Albeit not nicely all of the time)  And taking a cruise with my husband by ourselves, getting a little "us" time.

What are your highs and lows?

No comments: