Friday, November 1, 2013

The Million Dollar Question

"You've got a million dollars!  The catch is that you have to spend it all by sundown.  What are you going to do?"

I'm assuming that the money has to be spent and not given away...nor put away for something like college for the boys.

Responsibility first...pay bills.  Goodbye, car payments and Mortgage.

Then, I'd pay for my whole family to take a vacation together.  Because that would be a LOT of fun!   I'd also share the wealth a bit with them, paying some of their bills and things.

Now, for some charity.  A donation to pay for a year's worth of shipping for Stitches from the Heart so they can ship baby hats to hospitals.  A large donation to the Wounded Warrior Project.  And paying it forward....hitting Walmart and paying off layaway balances, making Christmas a little happier for those in need.

Then, hubby and I would hit Lowes for his dream oven.  We'd also go bonkers in Bed, Bath and Beyond!  Christmas shopping would be a snap this year.  I'd also book a cool knitting excursion for me, some friends and my Mom.  Season tickets to the local theatre would be ours for the next several years.

I've honestly no idea if that would all take up a million dollars, or if it even can be done in a day.  But it sure all sounds great!

No comments: