Thursday, November 28, 2013

First Blog Post Feelings

Today's NaBloPoMo topic:  How do you feel about your first-ever blog post?

Here is the post, short and sweet.  Written and Published on 6/28/08:

Folks, what we have here is an all-out obsession. We got the Disney/Pixar movie "Cars" from Netflix a couple of weeks ago. Will loves it! In fact, he loves it so much that he wants to watch it all day, every day! He starts to cry and stomp his feet when the credits roll. He also won't watch it by himself, he wants Mama to watch it too! So needless to say, I've seen a lot of "Cars" this weekend. It's a pretty cool movie though. Pixar is working on a "Cars" sequel, it will be out in 2012. Will will be six years old when that hits the theatres. Think he'll still be totally obsessed? Absolutely!!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
First of all, whoa!  I've been blogging since June, 2008?  I knew that I had been doing it awhile, but was surprised to find out exactly how long it's been!

I've got something close to 900 posts, which blows my mind as well.  I'm surprised that it's held my interest this long but I really enjoy it.  And I think that blogging on a semi-regular basis has improved my writing.  I know that not a lot of people read this blog, and I write it for me, not readers.  But I know that I have a handful of friends/family that read occasionally to stay caught up and sometimes send me comments.  (Hi Mom!)  It's also turned into a lovely way to preserve memories.  I really, really enjoy going back and reading about things that the kids did, or an adventure that Hubby and I went on, or something that I made.  I'm so glad that I did this!

Anyway......My older son wasn't quite two when I started writing this.  He's seven now, and isn't into "Cars" anymore.  (I know, shocker.)  We actually WORE OUT that DVD.  I didn't even know that was possible but guess what, it IS!  His younger brother Sean is almost four and loves Cars.  He's not obsessed like Will was, but he certainly does enjoy it.  The biggest surprise of all for both Brian and I:  we can still sit through  the original "Cars" and not want to rip our hair out.  The movie still holds its own, and is fun to watch occasionally.

  Both boys were very excited to see the aforementioned Cars sequel, which we did see in theaters.  Will hated it, mostly because the "bad cars" said they were going to kill his favorite, Lightning McQueen.  Sean was too young to really care.   Needless to say, we don't own the Cars 2 DVD.

See?  If  I hadn't blogged about this, it's something that I likely would've forgotten about in our lives.  Thanks, NaBloPoMo, for making me think of it!

No comments: