Monday, November 25, 2013

Hats for Halos of Hope

If anyone knows me or reads this blog, you know that I like to knit for charity.  I still make baby hats and blankets for Stitches from the Heart, I send them a box every June and December.  (December's box is almost finished, there are four blankets and I'm three hats short of two dozen.  Luckily we have a Thanksgiving Road Trip coming up, and baby hats are a great car project!)  I've flirted with the idea of becoming a Massachusetts volunteer for Stitches, but I don't know.  I'd have to give up something....co-moderating Swap Groups on Ravelry, any time I spend blogging or reading....perhaps working or sleeping.  Oy.

Anyway, I'm always looking for new charity knitting ventures, and Webs has posted on on their site: Hats for Halos of Hope.  Plus, those babies that I knit for turn into grown-ups, and it's fun to break into knitting for grown-ups from time to time.  It sounds fiercely competitive, trying to collect 10,000 hats.  Webs is wonderful and I want to support their efforts.

The deadline to ship hats to Webs is February 1st, so it won't interrupt any knitting for the holidays time.  (What's kind of funny is that I have three hats that I want to make between now and 12/25.  Do-able?  I want to say yes!!)  

No comments: