Thursday, November 14, 2013

Morning Person vs. Night Owl

Today's NaBloPoMo prompt asks if I am a morning person or a night owl.

Ha!  If you've read this blog more than five minutes then you know that I am the biggest night owl that there ever was.

I didn't intend for it to be that way.  I'd love to be able to be the kind of person that pops out of bed early and gets a ton of stuff done before noon.  Not. Happening.  I thought that having kids would turn me into more of a morning person.  Not. True.  If anything, I've become more of a night dweller.  Do you know why?  The hour or so after everyone is in bed is the quietest hour of the day.  I can watch re-runs of The Big Bang Theory and knit to my heart's content.  And it gets later and later....and I keep going despite being tired because my "me time" ends when I go to bed.  Sunday nights are especially bad for this.   Even when I have good intentions of going to bed early, I think of fifteen more things to do in the walk from the living room to the bedroom.  I think that just comes from being a Mom, though.

One good thing is that I appear to be raising two boys that are destined to be night owls.  Especially the younger one....he gives me a run for my money every morning in the pokey department!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love this! Do your boys let you sleep in on the weekends? I am the opposite of you, yet, I'm up early in the morning for all the same reasons...that hour or hour and a half when I am the only one up is SO. QUIET. And I love it.