Sunday, April 22, 2012

Time for Some Movies

I think that it's high time to start working on # 49 of my Day Zero List:

49.  Watch 5 movies from the American Film Institute’s Top 100 list
I realized today that I actually have TWO movie-related items, this one and to watch "5 Classic Movies."  I suppose in a way, completing #49 would complete the "classic movies" item as well.  But that would be cheating, so there will be 5 classic movies as well.  I adore movies, I just don't take the time to watch them.  Instead, at night I will sit and watch crap TV or reruns of something that I have seen a hundred times in order to have something on in the background while I knit.  Rubbish, I say.  Is there some sort of law that says I can't stop a movie halfway through and finish it the next night?  No, I didn't think so.


So here are the five movies from the AFI's Top 100 list that I have chosen for viewing:


1.  The Godfather (1972)
2.  Citizen Kane (1941)
3.  Annie Hall (1977)
4.  Cabaret  (1972)
5.  One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest  (1975)


I couldn't really tell you what made me decide to pick these five movies out of a list.  Well, I read the summaries of several and these five intrigued me.  I also asked my father for advice, since he's a movie buff.  He absolutely insisted that I had to watch The Godfather, since it's one of his favorites.  He actually was shocked that I hadn't seen it yet!  
We'd cancelled our DVD program with Netflix a while ago, since we hadn't been watching the discs, opting to stick with the streaming version over the Wii.  No classics over the Wii streaming though, and the library didn't have any of the movies on the list.  (Surprising, that's the first time the library's let me down.)  So I've gone and upgraded our plan again to start sending one disc at a time.  By random choice, Citizen Kane is on it's way!



No comments: