Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Overload

I usually pride myself on my memory.  Lately though, "the old gray mare, she 'aint what she used to be."

Forgot my phone at work the other night.  I didn't even bother going back to get it.  It kind of was a freeing feeling in a way, not responding to every beep and chirp.  And yesterday, I grabbed my bank deposit slips, intending to stop there after an appointment at the new place for furniture.  (I love my office furniture order.  Not the furniture itself, but the ORDER.  Just one more step closer....19 days from today I'll hopefully be sitting at a desk, signing leases!!)  Anyway, after the appointment I drove to the bank.  Guess who left the deposits on her desk back at the other office?  And even better:  I forgot that this Monday is a holiday in Massachusetts, it's Patriot's Day.  Or "Marathon Monday" as some people call it.  That's right, people get to stay home because of the Boston Marathon.  I have fond memories of watching the marathon come through Framingham with my family, getting up early with my dad and handing out orange slices to the runners as they pass thru downtown.  But I haven't done that since I was a little girl....and totally forgot that it's this Monday.  So now I have more work for myself, calling and cancelling a bunch of appointments.  Sheesh.  If it wasn't for the fact that there's no school or daycare, I'd probably just head into work to save myself the trouble.  But Hubby doesn't have the day off (sorry dear) so I am needed at home to spend the day with the kiddos.

I know that this is a sign of doing too much, but right now there's nothing I can do to stop doing as much as I am doing.  And as April wears along, it's only going to get worse.  But at least there's an end in sight!  A light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm pretty sure that it's not the train.

No comments: