Thursday, June 2, 2011

"There's No Place Like Home"

Last night was scary.

Massachusetts was hit by a few tornados, some funnel clouds were seen in the city that I work in.  (and live next to)  The western part of the state was especially affected, and Central MA as well.  There was hail.  There were terrifying thunderstorms, with lightning that was frightfully beautiful.  I'd never seen anything like it and I hope we don't again anytime soon.  We had the TV on the news at all times, with a basket to grab by the basement door should we, the boys and Joey the Dog have to head downstairs to seek shelter.  Thankfully it didn't come to that, as we kept a watchful eye on the television, and all of the tornado touch-down activity was either west or south of us.  The activity did worry the boys, and the thunder woke up Sean a couple of times.  Will spent the night on our floor, which made me feel better, having him close by.

I never thought I'd see something like that in Massachusetts, what little I did "see" on TV.  I can't imagine living in 'Tornado Alley" and have the potential for that to be a regular occurrence. 

Springfield and Brimfield MA, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

No comments: