Thursday, June 9, 2011

Super-Soaker

Brian's taking an intensive 6-week class for his Master's Degree, and this is week three.  So I've been picking up the boys on Tuesday and Thursday nights.  It's quite a feat, considering I get out of work at five and both boys need to be picked up by 5:30.  Tonight's pickup was quite rainy...when I got to Will's school the sky just OPENED up and sheets of water ran down over me and my white and pink sweater.  With last week's tornadoes in Massachusetts, every time there's a thunderstorm Will gets anxious that another tornado is coming.  It's going to be a long summer....I wasn't crazy about driving in it tonight but I put on my game face and we made it a fun race to the car.

 By the time we got home I was already sick of being wet.  To shake off a bit of the "scaredies" I offered up dinner picnic-style in the living room, picnic blanket on the carpet and all.  And to sweeten the deal, there was a new "Phineas and Ferb" DVD waiting for us.  I love that show on the Disney Channel, perhaps almost as much as Will does.  It's educational, it's entertaining and there's LOTS of little adult asides that go right over the kids' heads.  (Like when the boys parody every cop/detective TV show in one of their episodes.  The CSI Miami reference was the funniest one!)  Both kids went to bed happy and had a good time, forgetting about the thunder, lightning and buckets o' rain.  And neither child put up a fight and just went to sleep with no trouble.

That's what I call a perfect night.

No comments: