Monday, June 6, 2011

Baggin' It


Finished Object:  The Christine Bag!

This was my first choice as my first cabled project.  But after trying it a few times in two different yarns, I realized that at the time, I didn't know how to count.  So I gave up.  Now, apparently I DO know how to count, 'cause here she is!

This is a birthday gift for a friend, who requested a bag for a birthday gift.  I chose the color (amethyst) 'cause I know she's a purple-lover just like me.  The original pattern has the bag with a big, floppy bow.  My friend is NOT a floppy bow-kind of gal.  So there's no bow, and that is that!

Eventually, I am going to make one of these for myself.  In fuchsia.  And yes, I already have the yarn in the house.  And I may or may not be a floppy bow-kind of gal, we'll just have to see.

No comments: