Sunday, February 7, 2010

Fun with Friends

Will and I set out yesterday for some "Mommy and Will Time."  I had signed us up for a playdate at the Build-A-Bear about 25 miles from here.  It ended up being just me and my friend Nicole and her daughter Sydney, but really, it was fun and less stressful than running around with a big group of kids there.   Sydney was very excited to see Will and they spent most of the day giggling, chasing each other and just being kids.  They really had a lot of fun together!



Will holding hands with his friend Sydney




Giving their bears a bath


Meet Fireman Sam!


 
Will had never been to Build-A-Bear, and thought it was AWESOME!  (Really--what kid doesn't??)  He surprised me by picking out a teddy bear instead of a dog, and really, really wanted to dress him up in a mermaid costume complete with a red wig a la Ariel (Little Mermaid.)  He settled on a fireman costume and promptly named him Fireman Sam.  Which is good, because he typically names all of his stuffed animals either Biscuit or Martha.  (from Martha Speaks on PBS, I have no idea where "Biscuit" comes from.)  Then we had a grilled cheese lunch at Friendly's and did some window shopping.    On the way out, he ran up to a guy playing with his little boy and introduced himself.  After chatting with "Ryan and Colin's Dad" he took off again and started up a conversation with two young ladies on the next bench, excitedly telling them that "he watches the Disney channel!"  Really, there isn't a shy bone in this kid's body!

Later on our friends Joyelle and Keith came over to meet Sean.  They brought their daughter Ella, and they enjoyed snuggling Sean and giving him a bottle.  After they left Will just kept saying over and over, "Ella and Sydney....Ella and Sydney."  Silly.



Joyelle, Keith and Ella giving Sean a cuddle

Today I'm meeting up with my Mom and sister-in-law for some yarn shopping.  I know, I need more yarn like I need a hole in the head, but we're checking out a little yarn shop that I've never been to before, plus a Joann Fabrics Superstore!  It's not about "need" here, it's about obsession!  Will is going to stay home for some Daddy time, and Sean's coming with me.   And tonight.....Sean's first bath! 



Sean dozing in Daddy's lap after a bottle.

That's a lot to squeeze into a weekend.   They really never seem long enough, do they?

2 comments:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

Sounds like fun!! I've never done Build-a-Bear with Zoey, looks like she'd love it. Have fun scouting for more yarn! ;-)

adventures in rhode island said...

ginny- youtube "fireman sam"- it's an old cartoon, sadie loves watching it! it's the old claymation cartoons. he might get a kick out it since his bear is the same name :)