Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Days Like These

I've got a headache that's about a week old..  Sean's decided that sleeping in three hour clips instead of four-hour ones is the way to go, and it takes me a while to fall asleep because I anticipate him crying ten minutes or so after we lay him down, even if it's not my turn to go to him.  Brian and I both hear "phantom cries" at night too, when we think he's crying and go in there and he's peacefully snoozing.  Sleep deprivation does strange things to one's mind! 

But life goes on, despite being tired.  Right now I'm working on invitations for Sean's christening in April.  I'm kicking myself a bit, for not getting the ones that you print on your computer.  But these pale yellow ones were really cute, and they have little charms at the top.  Well, the charms seemed cute, until I opened up the package to discover that the first one is a model and you have to assemble the rest!  I should have guessed.

Knitting Olympics deadline is the Closing Ceremonies of the Olympics this Sunday.  I think I'm going to make it!  I had a massive setback last week when someone showed me at knitting that when my sister-in-law taught me how to purl, she showed me it backwards.  No wonder why my stitches look twisted.  I have two projects on needles right now and I'm far enough into both that frogging is just NOT an option.  One is the Olympic Scarf and the other is a project bag for a group swap in April.  The bag is the only one really affected, and it just looks "artsy" with the twisted stitches.  At least, that's what I'm telling myself to make myself feel better.  :)  After these two projects are done, I'm hauling out my copy of Stitch n Bitch for some learning sessions. 

1 comment:

Sally HP said...

Oh, Jesus...knitting olympics...I've got a bit of a ways to go (only the sleeves are done, because I haven't picked it back up again! ARGH!)