Sunday, December 20, 2009

Winter Wonderland

Well, my birthday didn't go quite as planned.  Usually it doesn't...that comes with the territory when you have a December birthday.  Last year we got snowed in for three days...this year Brian got a sinus infection and THEN we got snowed in today!  I shouldn't say so much snowed in, more like "voluntarily-put-off-going-anywhere!"  With plenty of stuff to get done for the holidays, plus finishing moving Will into his new bedroom, I didn't feel a huge need to dash out.  Daddy cleared snow this afternoon (and he's feeling much better, thanks to a neti pot) and he beat feet to the local shopping plaza extravaganza.  He asked me if they were closing at 4pm today and I was like "Are you nuts???  The last weekend shopping day of the season?"

So there was wrapping during Will's nap.  And knitting, lots of knitting.  And bringing clothes from one bedroom to another, and bagging up too-small stuff.  I was a little surprised at how EXHAUSTING it was to transfer clothing from the nursery to the new bedroom!  But I am ready to start washing little baby clothes in Dreft, put bedding on a crib when it gets set up after the toddler bed gets taken down and putting newborn diapers in the Winnie the Pooh diaper stacker.  Bring it on!!  But I'll save all that for another day, because this afternoon I got a Wiggles Christmas special on pay-per-view and Will wanted to sit in my lap and watch.  He NEVER wants to sit in laps anymore, he's all about "I want to do it BY MY SELF."  So I soaked up the bonus "Will and Mommy" time because pretty soon, it will be shared between Will and Baby.  Wow......sometimes it hits me all over again that I am going to be the mother to two little boys!  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure big brother WILL will adore his younger sibling. The fact that's baby #2 is a boy is very cool. Just think about it: you can reuse clothes, they can share toys, girlfriends, a dorm room...

You are the opposite of my family. We have four girls (me, Callie, Hailey, Amber) and then there's Austin. You guys have four boys (Brian, Will, baby, Joey) and then you. Ahhh, at least they'll be Mommy's little boys right? When they're on tv someday they'll turn to the camera and say, "Hi MOM!" It makes it all worth it. :)