Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Home Stretch

 Wow.....34 weeks pregnant!  Where does the time go?

I start twice-weekly ultrasounds this week.  I have the diabetes to thank for that...they just have to monitor the baby and make sure that he is growing properly and not being affected by the diabetes.  As long as everything looks good, I won't be having this baby early unless he decides it's time to come out early.

I've got all that lovely tiredness that comes with the end of pregnancy, and I feel like I can't get out of my own way!  It's making for a tough holiday season, but I've given myself "permission" to slack on a few things holiday-wise.  It doesn't make Christmas any less magical if I don't bake twelve dozen cookies for everyone we know, or use photo cards this year instead of writing cards out.  Or finish my shopping list with gift cards.  I just can't believe that Christmas is NEXT WEEK...time goes by so quickly this time of year!

Now that the furniture is here, I'm feeling the crunch of getting the crib upstairs and all those baby clothes washed in Dreft and put away.  It's so funny, with Will I was totally psyched to do all of that prepwork.  This time it's more of a chore. Will hasn't slept in his big boy yet....at the last minute he decided that it was dark in the room and wanted his "little bed."  I'm racking my brain to come up with ways to make his new room seem more attractive.  I think tonight we'll decorate a little Christmas tree in there, and maybe color.  I don't want to force him into sleeping in the bed and I know that we have some time.  And let's be serious, we all know that the baby won't be sleeping in the crib when he first arrives!

_________________________________________________________________________________
UPDATE:   Here's what the babe is up to: Today's ultrasound(my first since week 18) shows him growing nicely and measuring at around 5 lbs 3 oz  The reason for the sciatica is because all of his weight is on my left side.  (makes sense that my left side hurts all the time, doesn't it!)  He also gave some good kicks and shimmies, twice he kicked so hard the tech asked if it hurts when he does that.  Well...sometimes!.  There were white lines around his head and the tech said that he has a full head of hair and that it is long!  I also asked the tech today to check and see if he was head down already, and he is!  I thought that's what was going on Sunday night....he turned rather quickly and it was intensely painful!  Had this been my first, I think I would've been worried and called the doctor.  But I knew what was going on, thank goodness!  No good stills today to scan, but with going twice-weekly, I'm bound to get a pic sooner or later.  AND he stuck his tongue out too!  :)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hey Ginny,

That's so exciting about your baby. You and your family must be getting so excited. That's so cute he stuck his tongue out already! You brought up a good point in your blog--Christmas is next week!!! Eek! I still have a lot to do on my boyfriend's gift (a small painting of a doodle I did at work months ago that he kept saying I should paint). Thanks for the reminder! Get some rest. Hope to see you at GWH&N soon! -Alicia