Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: A Year in Review

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before?

I guess I was pretty boring this year....because I can't think of anything at this moment!



2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I'm not a fan of New Year's resolutions.  I used to make them but they're short-lived.  I improve on things where I can, and let the rest lie.


3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

I had a few friends give birth.  The closest friend to give birth was my college friend, Lexi to her baby boy this past January. 


4. Did anyone close to you die?

No one close....but we had a lost of residents at work pass away in the past year.



5. What countries/places did you visit?

Western New York, Philadelphia.....that about sums it up. 



6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?

Good health.  It wasn't terrible but I would appreciate less overall trips to the doctor for the entire family. Or the hospital!


7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

May 15th....the day I found out I was expecting our second child.


8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

Perserverance.  Not letting things getting the best of me, and not giving up.




9. What was your biggest failure?


Handmade gifts for Christmas.  I wanted to really shine this year on handmade items and it wasn't meant to be.  I plan on starting a lot earlier next year!



10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

It was a crazy year in the G. household!!  Several courses of antibiotics for all members....except Will.  (Thank goodness!!)  Developing gestational diabetes and sciatica was no picnic, either.  But it all comes with the territory, I guess.


11. What was the best thing you bought?

Hmmm.....Brian and I bought a Wii game system for Valentine's Day.  Still loving that.



12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Pass.  I can't think of anyone.



 13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Appalled and depressed?  Not quite.  But Tiger Woods sure was disappointing.



14. Where did most of your money go?

Bills, bills bills.  Though we did manage to get Will's big boy room furnished.





15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

A new addition to the family, coming in Jan 2010.   Very excited to be having a second child!


16. What song will always remind you of 2008?

I'll pass on this one.  I really don't listen to the radio anymore.


17. Compared to this time last year, are you:


a) happier or sadder? Happier because of the baby coming, but other than that the same.  I'm a pretty upbeat person. 


b) thinner or fatter?   Fatter...and happily so.  :)


c) richer or poorer? Richer in some ways....poorer in others.  I'm rich where it matters...in love and family.






18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

Taken more time to myself....read more.  Spent more time with Will before he becomes an older brother.  Taken more pleasure in things, in daily life.



19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

Worrying.  Impatience. 


20. How did you spend Christmas?

Happily celebrating with family at my house.  Low key chaos and it was wonderful!







21. Did you fall in love in 2009?

More in love with my family and in love with my unborn child.



22. What was your favorite TV program?

I don't really have a favorite, per se.  I do watch a lot of shows but can't nail one down as a favorite.



23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

I make it a point not to hate anyone.  There's people that annoy me or I dislike, but hate's a pretty strong word.





24. What was the best book you read?

I can't possibly answer this.  I have too many favorites.  But, according to my "Goodreads" accout, I did read something like sixy-six books this year.  Woo hoo, go me!









25. What was your greatest musical discovery?

I didn't discover anything musically this year really....except that I really love iTunes.



26. What did you want and get?

A baby on the way.  (Hmmm....I see a theme this year!)




27. What did you want and not get?

 New living room carpet.  Other than that, I got everything I ever needed and then some.


28. What was your favorite film of this year?


I have to say I didn't watch too many movies.  But I did enjoy the ones that I saw....like "Julie and Julia" and "The Illusionist."





29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

My birthday was quiet....I turned 30-something and spent it with my sick husband and son.  Brian had a sinus infection and was down for the count...he felt really bad about it and said he'd make it up to me.  It was kind of a typical day....went grocery shopping with my mom and basically hung out.  Not my most fabulous but there's always next year!





30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?


Less antibiotics.  Other than that, my year was very satisfying.




31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?

Ha!  What fashion concept?  It was all about elastic waistbands and rubber-soled shoes.  One thing I miss about not being pregnant are fashionable shoes. 





32. What kept you sane?

Knitting.  Lots and lots of knitting.  My fiber addiction keeps me calm, that's for sure. 





33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

None of 'em.....so over it.




34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Nothing, really.



35. Who did you miss?

Many.  My friend Jen the most, out there in the Land of Lincoln.  




36. Who was the best new person you met?

"Best?"  Well, I met some new moms from the children's playgroup that I belong to.  And I've gotten closer to two of them.  It's been fun, having two cool mamas to go out to dinner with once a month.




37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

Never, ever ask if things can get worse.  Because, they very much can!



38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"Sounds like life to me."

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

35. Who did you miss?

Many. My friend Jen the most, out there in the Land of Lincoln.
________________________________

Me too. I have been resisting just packing up all my stuff lately. Life was easier in New England.

I am really bummed that I am missing the PG of baby #2
__________________________________

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009.

Never, ever ask if things can get worse. Because, they very much can!
___________________________

I agree. That and the grass is always greener.
___________________________________


38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

"Sounds like life to me."
___________________________

Mine is "Don't tell me that we had that conversation, I won't remember, save your breath 'cuz what's the use"
__________________________________

Love you, kiss to Will (and Brian if he wants one LOL)
Happy New New Year. Here's to health and happiness on 2010.