Thursday, December 10, 2009

Knitting Party

I belong to a local knitting group that meets at a coffee shop a couple times a week.  We have an annual Holiday Ornament Swap.  There's a theme (this year was stars/snowflakes) and the rule is that the item has to be handmade.  Not necessarily knitted, but handmade.  I offered to host it at my house because Brian and I love parties.  :)  Everyone brings an appetizer/dessert to share and generally a good time is had by all!
I'm happy to say that yesterday's crappy storm did not put a damper on my knitting party!  Though it certainly did try....nine inches of snow, followed by rain and lots of thunder/lightning.  We had tons of delicious food and everyone participated in the ornament swap.  One lady brought her ten-year-old daughter, whom Will absolutely adored playing with!  She read to him and gave him piggyback rides, which he had never done before. 

So anyway, we're all sitting around my dining room table, opening swap gifts.  Such beautiful things....beaded ornament balls, felted stars, little painted chalkboards....so cute!  After all the unwrapping was done and we'd taken pictures and oohed/aahed over each other's work, I noticed that some of the ladies were giving me sly smiles.  What's up, you say?  Then they presented me with baby gifts that each person had made!  Such gorgeous things....a knitted turtle named Sheldon, a crocheted baseball cap, several pretty bibs, and an elephant pacifier holder.  I can't wait for baby to arrive, so he can wear his latest knitted fashions and snuggle with his Sheldon!

Thanks for an awesome time, ladies!  Can't wait for our next swap.

No comments: