Sunday, May 2, 2010

One-Skein Swap

I meant to post about my one-skein knitting swap.  I signed up to swap yarn with a partner through Ravelry. 
My partner was from Ohio and we emailed back and forth a few times to talk about knitting and what we like/dislike etc.  The rule was that you had to send your partner a skein of yarn that they could use in a project, you didn't have to knit anything.

Here is what I sent:

 I know that it said that we didn't have to make anything, but I thought this knitting project bag ornament was so cute!  Plus I made it out of scrap yarn and it was a very fast project.  I want to make one for my Christmas tree this year.


I got a message that Chris loved the package!  Especially the chocolates and the purple Bamboo/Silk yarn.


I got home from work on Thursday night and SQUEE!!!  My package was there.  I opened it up and  I felt incredibly spoiled!  Thanks for all the great things:  the Lion Brand Thick n Quick yarn, the cookie pop, handmade stitch markers, circular needle, baby socks and patterns!  (I know I forgot something)


So I've learned:  swaps are incredibly fun!  And it's exciting to get something cool  in the mail again, instead of the usual bills and junk mail.  I can't wait to sign up for another one.

No comments: