Monday, May 31, 2010

Marginal Success

Well Folks, after WEEKS of trying to get Will to potty-train, it looks like we're finally making some progress!  
We've switched to the Land of the Pull-Ups, and Will's happy to sit on the potty as long as he can play with this little mini-magnifying glass that lights up.  However, doing something on the potty is another story.  But right now I have to revel in the fact that he's actually willing to SIT ON IT.  :)
 
Will had told me last week that he was "scared" to use the potty because he didn't want to go to school, because it was "too different" and that he's "shy and nervous."  (Sometimes I wonder if he is really three years old.  I mean, where does he come up with these words??)  So on Wednesday I'm taking some time off to bring him over to the preschool and see it in action, see the kids learning and meet the teacher.  I'm hoping this helps.  Hoping.  Keep your fingers crossed for us!

1 comment:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

Awesome!!! Take any potty-training progress you can get...seriously! I think taking him to the preschool is the PEFECT plan. Once he sees how much fun it is, he won't feel so shy. (And you're right, how are three year olds so wise, anyway?!?)