Friday, January 29, 2010

A Tired Grouch

Woo hoo.  I've pulled off an all-nighter!  Cluster feeding.....is for the birds, in terms of sheer exhaustion!  Sean ate all night long!  If I've added correctly, he ate 12 ounces of formula from 11:45 last night to 5AM this morning!  Don't trust my math, though!  My brain feels like mashed hamburger and my patience level is nil.  Know how you know you're exhausted to the core?  You burst into tears when you think that you're out of creamer for the coffee.   It's not helping that with the wind chill today it supposedly feels like -10 degrees out there in Central MA.  I don't even want to bring my boys out today, had I been feeling better-rested I think we would all stay home! 

The surprising part is, while I was up with him, I was pretty calm and enjoyed snuggling with a cute, wide-eyed baby boy. We watched a bunch of crap on TV, mostly reruns of "That Seventies Show" and "Sabrina."  (at those hours, you take what you can get.  I feel for my parents generation, when TV went off the air after 1AM!)  It wasn't until I tagging Brian "it" at 5AM and slunking into bed that I realized how long today was going to be!  Hope we both get some rest today.....as soon as I get Will to the daycare I am seriously tempted to turn the ringer off the phone while Sean naps.  TGIF, everyone!

3 comments:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Don't miss those days! hope you got some rest!

adventures in rhode island said...

oh man.... you just brought back memories with the words "cluster feeding"!! those can be rough. i remember feeling like i lived on the couch during those. i feel for ya, girl! i hope you are able to get more rest this weekend.

Anonymous said...

aw, definitely turn off the phone when you need some rest, and so it doesn't wake everyone! If it's important enough they will leave a message!
<3