Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Maiden Voyage

Today I resolve to get out of the house.

I haven't left the house to go anywhere other than a doctor appt or the hospital since 1/8!  Sean has a weight check and I have a blood pressure check this morning, and naturally, it's snowing outside.  These are the perils for having a baby during a New England winter.  It doesn't look too bad out there.  Plus Will is going back to daycare today, he's very excited to "introduce" Baby Sean to "Auntie."  Speaking of introductions, Joey the dog came home yesterday and the first thing he encountered was Mommy holding Baby Sean.  I expected him to be like "What the hell Mommy!  I go away for a week and you bring home another one!"  Quite the opposite.  He sniffed him all over and then settled down next to me on the couch.  Later on, Sean started to cry in his crib and Joey started whining to let me know.  I think he forgot that babies cry, pretty soon he'll just sigh and close his eyes like he did before!  It was nice to have his company for the 1AM feeding though.  :)  And I've discovered one of my favorite parts of the day....when Will runs into our bedroom in the morning for "snuggle and TV time" and Sean gets hungry at the same time.  I fed Sean in bed so he was in my arms, Will was by my side and Joey was curled in my lap.  Beautiful.

The sleep deprivation, although definitely present, hasn't been nearly as bad this time around.  Maybe it's because I went into it this time knowing what to expect.  NOTHING prepares you for the first time around, am I right??

This week I'm starting to get company too, including some friends that I haven't seen in a long time.  Looking forward to it.  :)

1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

good luck at the weight check and enjoy some out of the house time. i remember it making a difference to get out of the house (and shower and get dressed!). i hope the weather holds out for you. i'm so glad the sleep deprivation isn't as bad this time around. i bet it IS because you know what to expect! yup, nothing prepares you for your first! sweet will and sean moment too :)