Sunday, January 24, 2010

Yes, Mommy is Alive, Dearest....

I got out of the house today!!  My first trip other than daycare or something medically related since the New Year.  Seriously!  Brian sent me out on my own for a little while and told me not to hurry.  And it turns out to be just what I needed.  I kidded as I left that I was going to check in a hotel and sleep and order room service.  Instead, I took his car and drove out to the local plaza for some retail therapy at Michael's.  I've got a lot of projects lined up, a lot of babies being born this Spring and gifts to knit!  Plus my aunt had given me a gift certificate for my birthday....which is always appreciated by a craft hoarder!  Afterwards I brought my knitting over to Barnes and Noble to sit in the cafe and have a fancy coffee drink and knit a few rows on the last square I have left until I can sew together a gift for a friend who's due with a baby girl next month.  But one glance told me that it was way too crowded for knitting, so I just got two coffees to go and headed home.  That may not sound like much of an outing to the average person but to me it was simply exhilirating.  I came home more relaxed and refreshed, which is definitely a good thing.  When I walked through the door, Will came running and said "Mommy!!!!  You're alive!"  Yes baby I am, and I don't know what would have made you think otherwise!

So far it's been an interesting weekend....I finished the first season of True Blood, I'm going to finish knitting that last square for the baby blanket (and then they'll need to be sewn together, and I stink at that) and I'm probably going to finish a book as well.  (Terry Fator's "Who's the Dummy Now??")  That's a lot for one weekend, considering the juggle of two kids!  We're adjusting well around here, though it has been with it's overwhelming challenges at times!

We've had lots of company the past few days as well.  Friends, coworkers, and tomorrow, family.  Things sure are busy, but that's the way I like it!

2 comments:

adventures in rhode island said...

good for you for going out for some you time! it really is rejuvenating, even if for a short while. it's like coming back a brand new mommy!

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

Hooray for you for getting out of the house! Amazing how much more recharged we feel, after having just a little time to ourselves. Here's hoping you get a little "me" time again next weekend!! ;-)