Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Rest Up

I went to the doctor yesterday for my regular weekly checkup and one of my ultrasounds.  Everything's looking great for 37 weeks.....except my blood pressure is slightly elevated. Not really high, but elevated enough to keep an eye on,  that the doctor had her assistant take it a second time to make sure the numbers were correct. And then decide that I couldn't work anymore until after the baby is born.  What's that you say????  Modified bed rest??  Shucks, no trudging in the snow, fighting with Will to get him off to daycare and being at least half an hour late every day.   Running back and forth between two sites, "putting out fires."  Stressing out that it just never seems to get done and it's "always something."

So I'm on modified bed rest until Baby's born.  The blood pressure could be caused by a multitude of things....the cold meds I had been taking, stress, or possibly preeclampsia.  I had that with Will, and had to be induced two weeks early because of it.  I don't have any other symptoms of preeclampsia (swollen hands/feet, blurry vision, mind-shattering headaches, protein in my urine) but they did bloodwork just to be sure.  If it ends up being preeclampsia, then it is what it is.  I know what to expect, and that everything will be fine.  If not, I'm living every pregnant woman's dream, being able to relax until Baby comes.  When that will be is the mystery!  I'm definitely ready, my hospital bag is packed and on the bedroom floor. 

So this morning, I got up later than usual, then snuggled with Will for a little bit.  I made him breakfast and we sat in the family room, both wrapped up in a blanket.  He seems to enjoy the extra attention from a relaxed Mom, and I'm certainly enjoying the extra time with my Munchkin!   He's really improved over the last week or so...there's been a lot less hitting and he overall seems happier.  I don't really know what to expect when we bring Baby home, I know what I hope for and what may happen are two different things!  For now, I'm going to enjoy whatever time I have left with Baby in my belly, and my big boy on the couch.  :) 

1 comment:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

That's great, Ginny! Take it easy and get some rest...Baby Countdown is on!! Take care of yourself!