Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sleep Deprivation Bootcamp

I'm in Sleep Deprivation Bootcamp.  Getting ready for the "Main Event," I now wake up at least three or four times a night.  Most of it is to cough from this nasty cold, or try to figure out a comfy position to sleep in, or pee AGAIN.  Sometimes it's the hair-rasing heartburn that I'm experiencing, although switching from Tums to Zantac appears to have helped.  I imagine that it's getting me used to getting up to a hungry babe.  Still, I feel like there's a drill instructor in my face, screaming at me not to sleep.  Pretty soon, that drill instructor will be replaced by someone much more demanding!  In the evenings, I start to drift off in my living room chair, and fantasize about getting into bed around 7pm.  Today I'm officially considered full-term, so Baby Boy could make his debut anytime!

1 comment:

adventures in rhode island said...

ya know, i always thought it was pretty mean of mother nature to start the sleep deprivation way BEFORE the baby arrives! shouldn't pregnant women be allowed as much sleep as possible before they give birth!?!