Saturday, August 1, 2009

Peace and Quiet

I'm up bright and early on this beautiful Saturday morning. Normally the very idea of getting up early is enough to send me running for the covers, but I have an early appointment. The sky is a brilliant blue and the only sounds I hear are the ceiling fan, the birds chirping and the click of the keys. The air is blessedly cool, not indiciative of the scorcher we'll have later. No TV blaring Noggin, no clatter from the neighbor's lawn mower, no dog whine to go outside. I haven't felt this tranquil since.....well, I don't know! Life has a way of getting away from me, like a stagecoach running down a hill and approaching a cliff. I have a tendency to stuff as many things into a 24 hour period as possible. This morning it's about appreciating the little things. And it's serving as a reminder that sometimes it IS a good recharger to stop and appreciate the simplicity of life!

No comments: