Sunday, August 9, 2009

Fenway Pahk


Yesterday was the fourth annual "Futures at Fenway" doubleheader. It's two games featuring the AA and AAA affiliates of the Boston Red Sox. Since it was a "Kids Day" activity, it seemed like a good time for Will to visit Fenway Park in Boston for the first time! We picked up Nana and Papa early and all headed into Boston. The first game was the Portland Sea Dogs, the second was the Pawtucket Red Sox.

What a crowd, what a day! Will loved the mascots (though he was disappointed that the "Natic" (Philly Phanatic) wasn't present! We munched on ballpark food, sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" and rooted for the future of the Red Sox.

I should also mention now that Will is not a Red Sox fan. I know that in some parts around here that could get my butt whipped and invite all sorts of "How could yous???" Daddy hails from Philadelphia and Will has chosen to root for Daddy's home team, the Philadelphia Phillies. And I just can't argue with that. But it does make me glad that I didn't marry a New York fan. :)

No comments: