Sunday, August 23, 2009

Presents from Putnam

In my (lazy) attempts at organization and getting Will's Big Boy Room done, I've gone through all of my crafts stash. Good God, how does one accumulate so much?? The sad part is the fact that I did a big purge a year or so ago, and made some crafty freecyclers very happy!

We went to visit my family at their cottage in CT this weekend, after a fabulous girl's night on Friday with my college girlfriends. Mom, Kim and I decided to check out a yarn store in downtown Putnam called "Woolworks, Ltd." There aren't too many high quality, free-standing yarn stores out there in the world anymore, so I'm always excited to find one. What a great place! As soon as my feet hit their floor the ideas started churning. I restrained myself though, since I just went through the aforementioned stash and have three huge plastic shopping bags full.

What did catch my eye, however, were the needle cases at the register. Up until now, I've been storing my knitting needles in a ratty old grocery sack. I'd toyed with the idea of sewing myself a pretty little case, but then remembered that my skills in the sewing dept are seriously lacking. So when I spotted the lovely Vietnamese Silk cases, I immediately yearned for one. Well, until I saw the price tag. Sadly, I decided it was not meant to be, as I knew there would be a comment on it's price when I brought it home! My mother, sensing my apprehension, insisted on giving it to me as a gift. Thank you, thank you, Thank you!!!! Of course, I filled it and disposed of the plastic Price Chopper bag as soon as I got home!

So Pretty!




This isn't even all of my knitting tools, I have yet to unearth them all!

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

Pretty cool! I have been eyeing a crochet one for awhile.