Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Now Shipping


These two beauties are being sent out to Webs as part of the  "Podcaster Throwdown."  They'll be counted in the tally for team Ready Set Knit!  who were losing badly the last time I checked the tallies.  But really, no one is technically "losing" when we're talking about hundreds of hats being donated for Hats for Halos of Hope.  All that will be lost is bragging rights!

Both of these hats are a cotton/nylon blend.  I wanted to make more, but it turns out that I don't have all that much non-wool yarn in my stash.  Except for acrylic which is really more suited for baby items.  I'm very much a wool-kind-of-girl.  Though I love me some alpaca, too.

The top hat is the "slouchy beehive hat" and man, it is super slouchy.  It's a dark pink, almost the color of beets. The second hat is called the "chrysanthemum hat" and knits up rather quickly!  The picture doesn't do it justice, it's a beautiful teal green, and the edges don't curl like that.  This hat just didn't want to behave for the photo, that's all.

No comments: