My Five Favorite Guilty Pleasures
1. Pretty office supplies. I always loved back-to-school time because it meant new school supplies. I never lost that happy feeling, and I love to go to Staples for this reason.
2. "Alone time." That hour or so that I get at night when everyone else is in bed and I'm up either knitting, reading or watching TV. That means I always go to bed late but most nights I don't get to sleep easily anyway.
3. When my kids repeat funny things, such as "There's a time and a place for decaf; never and in the trash!"
4. The first night of a freshly made bed, because we store our sheets in a cedar chest. I love the smell of cedar.
5. Lastly, the occasional chocolate bar that my kids don't know that I have stashed in the kitchen. And if it's studded with almonds, all the better. :)