Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Memoirs of a Manager

I'm a sucker for a good memoir.  I detest reality television but love reading about people's lives.  Celebrities and other famous people sure, but the average everyday person is pretty intriguing as well.   I especially love ones that feature people serving the public, such as waitstaff or once, a librarian.  Or the one about the guy who got stood up at his wedding and decided to go on the honeymoon anyway with his brother.  That book lead to them traveling all over the world.  Though the title "Honeymoon with my Brother" needed some work.  

I'm in the middle of one called "Hungry:  What Eighty Ravenous Guys Taught Me about Life, Love and the Power of Good Food "by Darlene Barnes.  It's pretty good so far.  And like with  many other memoirs that I've read, my mind starts to wander towards writing my own memoir someday.   

Someday I want to write a memoir on the joys and travesties of being a property manager.  I'll combine the sweet tales with the sordid ones and come up with a good read.  And if that's someone else's idea and they come out with it first, heck I'd read the hell out of that!    Sadly, it'll probably have to wait until I retire,  or change a lot of names and details.  I should probably start scrawling down the goods now, instead of waiting on my future-failing memory to recall it all.  


No comments: