Saturday, April 6, 2013

Insane Saturday

Getting a house ready is one of those jobs that feels like everything gets worse before it gets better.

Seriously.  You pack three or four boxes and then stop for a breather, and take a good look around.  The room looks worse than when you started.  So I've resorted to dragging a laundry basket as the "What the holy hell do I do with THIS" bin and a trash can.

From where I'm sitting, I can hear the landscapers we've hired giving my yard a good once-over.  They're going to paint the front porch too, so I'm pretty happy about that.  Add some flowers and a new welcome mat next week and this thing will have come together.

Kids are antsy, fueled on Easter candy and watching "Wreck-It Ralph" for the second time today.  My mother's  coming over this afternoon with crafts while we redeem the theater tickets we got for our anniversary in October to see Les Miserables, and then go to a restaurant just the two of us.  Totally the break that we need.

I need to keep remembering....this is a marathon and not a sprint.  Nine more days.

No comments: