Monday, April 8, 2013

Stalker

I'm pretty sure that trying to sell your house and look for another house at the same time is hell on one's brain.  And I am talking on the local level...I can't even begin to fathom what people who are moving from one part of the country to another go through! 

As I've said before, I've always thought that finding another house in our town would be a piece of cake, and that ours would languish on the market for months and months.  (I should just shut up right now, no use jinxing the thing)  Instead it's a weird predicament to be in....it's looking like ours will sell and finding another one is going to be like nailing jello to a tree.  I've become a stalker....I log onto MLS property finder every hour or so, scanning for new listings in our area that meet our criteria.  Not that we have craazzzzy criteria or anything. I think of people on tv shows like "Property Virgins" or "House Hunters" and their "I need a fireplace, a washer and dryer on the second floor and a view of the ocean, but I only have $200K to spend" and wonder if their realtor wants to slap them back to reality.  Our needs are simple.  And though it would make us very sad to leave our nice town, we will if we have to.  The ball's rolling, and it's not going to stop. 

No comments: