Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wednesday Rundown

1.  Also known as Work in Progress Wednesday" for knitters or "Wordless Wednesday" for bloggers.  No wordless (photos) for today, but for WIP Wednesday, perhaps today will also be "Bind-off Day" for the body of my Spring cardigan.  I am also working on improvising a pattern for a cabled baby hat.  When you've made almost a hundred baby hats for charity, you tend to get a little bored with the same pattern. 

2.  Wednesday is also Knit Night in my house.  After work I get to drive straight to the local Panera and have dinner with my friends and knit for two hours.  It's a real refresher, and totally needed today.

3.  Sadly, still not at the new building.  I'm feeling particularly blue over this.  But the whole thing is out of my hands, until there is the official "OK, you have permission to move people in!" Still.  It's been two years and I know that in the grand scheme of things a few more days is no big deal.  But right now, that might as well be eternity.

4.  The boys have kept me wildly entertained the past few days.  Will enjoyed looking at pictures with me on Ravelry the other day, I was showing him some of the things that I want to make people in our family for Christmas.  Every comment was something like "Ooh!  If you make that a little smaller I could wear it."  "Oh, Mommy!  I love those socks.  Can you make me a pair?"  His appreciation of my craft both cracks me up and makes me swell with pride. 

5.  Sean's come up with a few great one-liners in the last week too.  He's starting to be a regular comedian....

-Will and I were talking about young and old and Sean kept yelling "I'm young!"  But it sounds a lot like he was saying "I yunk!  I yunk!) 

-This morning, as we were getting ready to leave (late, as always) he knocked over two photos and a few books by the front door.  In frustration I said "Seanie, do you have to destroy everything in your path?"  He looked at me and smiled and said "uh......yup!" 

He's also becoming very affectionate. He loves to run up to me and practically knock me over and kiss me.  It's incredibly sweet. 

6.  This week has been all about too little sleep and not enough coffee.  Either we're going to bed late, or both of us are tossing and turning.  Last night, we awoke to Sean sobbing in the living room.  Nightmare, I think. Brian walked him back after some soothing time and he was grateful to see his bed.  Thank goodness we at least got to go back to sleep.  Hoping tonight's much better.

Well, that's the gist of today.  Happy Hump Day, everyone.

No comments: