Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

A fantastic Mother's Day celebration in my life the past two days...last night my family came over and Mom baked a lasagna here at the house.   We got to linger over dessert (mini pastries and coffee) and I got lots of snuggle time with my niece.  (who is six months old today....does time fly or what!!)

Today started with a fabulous waffle breakfast at home, and a gift from the kids--they are sending me to a class at Webs to learn how to steek!   (Steeking....a way of cutting your knitting to make an opening for a sleeve or head, etc.  Just the very idea of cutting my knitting intimidates the heck out of me!)  Then at Hubby's suggestion, the four of us plus my mom headed to New Hampshire to go to the New Hampshire Sheep and Wool Festival!  Heaven for mom and me.  Brian walked and entertained the kiddos while Mom and I perused yarn and pet alpacas.  (The boys loved the alpacas, and "baa-ing" back at the sheep.)  We got to eat super-delicious Fair food (sausage sandwiches, ice cream, etc)  I came home with some delightful sock yarn to try my hand at socks for both Hubby and I (third time's the charm, right?)  and Mom treated me to some gorgeous cornflower blue wool-cashmere blend that I am going to turn into a shawl for myself.  All in all, a very delightful day.  I am so lucky to have such a great family.

Happy First Mother's Day to my SIL.  Happy "First" Mother's Day to my friends out there that are expecting babies later this year.  And Happy Mother's Day to ALL Moms, past present and future!

No comments: