1. I still feel sick, and it's been a week. But I'm still pushing myself to do everything that needs to get done. If it wasn't for this rent-up and the resulting mound of work, I think I'd stay home today. And we're out of cold meds.
2. Regarding the cold meds, I seriously considered for a minute this morning taking an expired Advil Cold and Sinus. (I didn't.)
3. Last night my friends at knitting tried to convince me that the hat I was knitting for Hubby for Christmas was just too big. I stubbornly refused to believe it. I brought it home, put the little bit I had done on top of his head, and it's too big. Dammit! My friends were right.
4. I am not starting a new hat ten days before Christmas. Hubby will not suffer if he doesn't have a hat on Christmas Day. And neither will the boys....the little monsters that I started knitting for them can surely be a "just because" gift during the winter doldrums.
5. With that decision made, I am DONE with Christmas knitting. . And now I will make a few things for myself. I deserve it, right? :)
6. Later on, I'll pick that hat back up and knit it for charity. Some man with a big Sasquatch head is going to be thrilled to get a hat in his size!
7. We have a big surprise planned for the boys this weekend. It involves a 90-minute drive, lots of Christmas lights and the boys' first train ride. Hope I'm feeling better by then so I can enjoy it!