Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas Knitting: 2011



Christmas has come and gone, and (most) things have been put away.  There's still leftovers in the fridge, and it's time to tell you, Dear Reader, about all of the lurrrrvely things that I knit for Christmas gifts.



Mom:  Saroyan shawlette

Dad:  Irish Hiking Scarf



Nancy:  Cabled scarflet.  My mom made her the hat, which matched nicely with my scarf!


Kim:  Old Shale Scarf


Brian:  Dudester scarf.  He is hard to knit a scarf for, I learned.  That is because he is over six feet tall....it required a LOT of yarn!

I also knit a little cotton cardigan for Abby but I can't locate a picture of it.  And I know that I took one!  Rest assured, it's really cute, in a  "seaspray" blue and will look great on her in the spring.  Perhaps I'll post pictures then.

Yes, I did notice that there are no hand-knits for Hubby or the boys....this is because I had a major FAIL in sizing for Hubby's Hat.  And I did start some stuffed monsters for the boys, but didn't get them finished in time.  So now they're going to be a "just because" gift on a gloomy winter day.  Which, I think, sounds even better.  :)

No comments: