Friday, December 16, 2011

The Virginia Shawl

As 2011 is starting to wind down, I am looking for my newest knitting project.  To be honest, nothing has really excited me recently.  I had mentioned a LONG time ago about a pattern that I was interested in, it's a triangular shawl.  "Shawl" just sounds so...OLD to me.  I mean, it's mentioned in the Little House on the Prairie books.  "Laura wrapped herself in Ma's old shawl to get more wood for the fire."  Not exactly the image that I had in mind.  I am really into neckwear lately though:  scarves, shawls, and the getting-popular shawlette.  And not just for cold winter days, either.  So in browsing my Ravelry queue, I found said triangular shawl again, and in looking at the pattern, I was excited to learn that there are different ways to wear it.  In reading the pattern through, it looks rather easy. So casting on TONIGHT!  In a beautiful wool yarn called "Dream in Color Smooshy" in a fuschia/purple colorway.  This was already in my stash too, so it's not breaking my self-imposed "yarn diet."



I was born to knit this thing, after all it's called The Virginia Shawl.  Fitting, no?  Can't wait to see how this all comes together,  this first project for 2012. 

No comments: