Friday, November 20, 2009

Rainy Friday

I woke up to the darkest, rainiest day I've seen in a long time.  Even Joey didn't want to go outside, instead preferring to give me dirty looks from the other side of the slider.  If I wasn't hoarding vacation and sick time for maternity leave, Will and I would pile up in my bed and watch silly movies.  All day long!  All snuggled, warm and safe from the crappy day outside.  We'd play with Play-Doh and fingerpaint, and I'd make quesadillas for lunch.  And when he napped, I'd knit and catch up on Desperate Housewives.  All of this is wishful thinking on my part.  Instead, I'm tearing myself away from the computer to get ready for work, dropping him off at the daycare and spending a day doing annual apartment inspections.  Blech.

At least Thanksgiving break is coming up, and it's Friday!  I've got to appreciate the small things.

1 comment:

CraftyMomof3 said...

I hear ya. Gotta get Liv up right now for a 9 am PTO meeting and I'd much rather cuddle under a blanket and watch Tinkerbell. We (as in you and I) need to win the lottery.