Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Liberry"

I've had some library books kicking around my car for at least a week now...and I only remember that they needed to go back when I climbed into the passenger seat last night and stepped all over them.   Plus I have the next two Sookie Stackhouse novels on hold.  I LOVE how you can go onto the library's website, request a bunch of books, choose a Central MA library location and then get an email when your books have arrived there so that you can pick them up.  I've read 63 books on my Goodreads list this year mainly because of that feature and I haven't bought very many books.  At the beginning of the year I swore that I would get books either through the library or through Bookmooch.  It's saved me a ton of money, since I'm a total bibliophile!  I can't even tell you how much I love to read, I always have. 

Will loves reading books with us, which is something that I'm proud to have passed on to him.  However, I buy him a lot of books.  So, for an educational experience, I brought Will with me to the library this afternoon to go through the stacks of books.  He originally wanted a "book about elephants and race cars" but we didn't find any of those.  He also grabbed a bunch of books written in Polish, and was disappointment that Mama can't read Polish.  :)   He had a tough time grasping that we "borrow" books instead of buying them, but was thrilled that he was going home with two Curious George books, two Christmas books and a "Clifford the Big Red Dog" DVD.  I explained that we borrow books, and then bring them back in order to get more.  I hope that he doesn't throw a fit when I try to return them!

2 comments:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

I just started taking Zoey to the library recently too! She loves it, although you're right--the whole concept of "borrowing" at this age is a little over their heads. As long as we're returning books AND GETTING MORE THE SAME DAY, we seem to be cool. ;-)

Shelly said...

I usually take the girls to the library every Friday and it is one of their favorite times of the week! I also love the holds option, and with the videos that you can borrow, we've saved a ton!