Sunday, November 8, 2009

I heart Northampton

  Yesterday marked my fabulous field trip to Web's.  I went with fifteen other fiber-minded women, armed with a list of specific projects to shop for.  And I came home with enough for that stuff, as well as some as a Christmas gift for somebody special and some more that I could not pass up.  I didn't spend too much, unlike one person in the group who spent the equivalent of half my monthly mortgage payment on angora yarn. (Augh!  Crazy??)  I LOVE Web's!  I could spend a week there.  Or longer.  There's a reason why I only make a pilgrimmage once a year. 

The town that Web's is nestled in, Northampton, MA, is lovely.  It's a college town, but with a big downtown center with lots to see and do.  We had lunch at a place called Fitzwilly's that was pretty decent, and hit a local candy store.  I wasn't going to go in because of the unnecessary temptation, but when I heard they had sugar-free chocolates I had to try it.  I brought home some chocolates for myself, some coconut candies for hubby and gummy-letters for Will.  The sugar-free stuff is pretty excellent.  Don't get me wrong....it's not as good as regular chocolates but if it's what you can have then it's a pretty decent substitute.  It was kind of late on Saturday when we were able to walk around and see the sights, so a lot of stuff was closing.  Sometime I'd like to make a trip out there again with my family, on a sunny summer weekend. 

All in all, the trip was a great success.  And I have a whole bag of pretty new yarns that I can't wait to break out!

3 comments:

CraftyMomof3 said...

So jealous!!!! Scott was going to take me the weekend that Liv was born so needless to say I never made it. Northhampton is where the Yankee Candle outlet is too so that would be a two day trip for me!!!! LOL Glad you got to go and had fun.

Shelly said...

I LOVE Northampton. I did my doula training there, never saw a prettier town.

Anonymous said...

Oh my. I can only imagine how divine it must have felt. If it's like me and a scrapbooking store, the clouds part, the sun shines, birds start chirping and the angels sing. :) Callie and Hailey say I remind them of themselves in Toys R Us.

I'm glad you scored some good stuff! But now the questions remains: where do you put it? I think Brian needs to build you a crafting shed... ;)