Monday, November 2, 2009

Change.

This week has brought some news to our house: I have developed gestational diabetes.


It's not a huge shock, I had it when I was pregnant with Will too. So I know it's only for the next 84 days (yes I've counted) and I know the outcome, that it will disappear by giving birth. But it still sucks.

Counting carbs is no fun. I will likely be prescribed insulin shots next week, also no fun. NO FUN, I TELL YOU! Especially with Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas all coming up before the baby's due. But obviously this is something I can't ignore or wish away, so I choose to remain positive and embrace what's been given me.  I feel lucky, believe it or not, because last time I also had preeclampsia and had to be induced two weeks early because of sky-high blood pressure.  My blood pressure has been beautiful so far, so if I "had" to develop a complication then this is the lesser of the two evils.

So, I do feel a little blue, but I know that the first peek of this beautiful boy after he is born will be worth what little "suffering"  I have temporarily.  However, when my husband or my dad offers to get me a treat after labor this time.....Hhhmmmmmm I'm going to have to think of something absolutely sinful!  :)

2 comments:

The Caffeinated Mommy said...

Hang in there!! Gestational diabetes sounds like a drag...and you're right, think of the highest-carb, absolute-most-sinful-dessert ever to have IMMEDIATELY post-birth. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, you're almost done!