Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Getting Ahead (for my own good)

Guess what?  68 days til my due date!  That little widget on my blog page sure is handy.  :)

I may be having trouble with getting the third bedroom ready for Will so we can turn the nursery over to the new baby.....but I'm sure ahead of the game concerning Christmas!  (it's the little things that I need to appreciate.)  The next step is clearing out the furniture and buying paint.  Oh, and taking the time to paint it.  I'd really like to do this in the next two weekends because uh-oh, Thanksgiving is next week!  We can't bring any baby stuff upstairs before the room is finished, so we're starting a time crunch here. 

I got a chance for some "alone" time Christmas Shopping last Sunday.  I started super-early not because I want to, but because I have a tough time getting around the stores due to the sciatica.  Since I've been told it's going to get worse, I might as well get it done now.  I've got to say, there are advantages of shopping by yourself while visibly pregnant, people have the tendency to be super-nice to you!  I scored an extra 40% off at Joann Fabrics buying my sister-in-law's Christmas gift.  Then I went over to Christmas Tree Shops (and yes, you have to be slightly tapped in the head to venture in there on a weekend!) and while I was waiting for my turn in line, I felt a tap on my shoulder.  I turned around and an elderly woman asked me if I wanted a "Friends and Family" 20%-off-your-entire-order" coupon.  Why yes, I would!  :)

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Hey, must have just missed you at the Christmas Tree Shoppes! I also had the good fortune of someone in my line passing back 20% off coupons! But you were right about the crowds. It looked like the week before Christmas!! Can't imagine the crowds there as the holidays get closer.
-Alicia