Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Duty to Warn

I've discovered another reason why I keep a blog, and why I go back and read things again.  Especially during the month of December.  It's the definition of insanity......"doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Oh the potluck dinner.  I both love and despise you.  I love the fact that everyone shares the cooking by bringing something to share, instead of one person/family being responsible for the whole thing.  I detest picking out something to bring.  And then I re-read posts like this one that serve as a not-so-gentle reminder to cut the crap and pick out something simple.  Or if at all possible....something jazzy that Hubby is happy to make.  That's why I'm bringing stuffed shells and a case of soda to Friday Night's knitting group swap and potluck.  Stuffed shells aren't something I'd ever consider making myself, but he looks forward to it.  And I play with the kids/keep the house going while he cooks.  Sounds pretty sweet to me!

Another potluck for work on Tuesday....and it's an hour away.  Looking at the list of things that people are already bringing, I see that it's short on entrees and quite heavy on dessert and appetizers.  Then I spy that someone is bringing roast turkey.  So I'm bringing a potato side dish.  Not sure what kind of potato yet, but even I can handle that.  Done, and done!  No cookie craziness with five hundred ingredients, no possiblities of inhaling jalapeno.  Merry Christmas to ME!  :)

No comments: