Thursday, March 15, 2012

Color Rut

Have I mentioned before that I can be stubborn and set in my ways?  Yes, yes I am.  And when it comes to clothing, I'm even more so.

I adore the color purple.  It's been a favorite for years, and I could certainly say that it's my signature, as is pink for Elle Woods in  Legally Blonde.  ("And whoever said orange is the new pink was seriously disturbed..."-Elle Woods)  Recently, I took a good hard look through my yarn stash and was overwhelmed by the purpliness of it.  Almost everything I own, everything I make for myself, purple.  Occasionally I'll make a foray into a darker pink, but really, that is a purple derivative.  When you pull a third purple sweater out of your closet that week and it's only Wednesday, it's time to do something about it.

Purple, my love for you is true.  But I really think that I need to start seeing other colors.

No comments: